Dated: March 27, 2017
Circular No. 2015-17/33
Subject: Election of Office Bearers for 2017-19
Rule no. 8 of our Constitution provides that the Election Committee shall fix and announce the time table of election. They will also appoint the Returning Officer and Co-Returning Officer.
Accordingly, it is informed that Sh. V.P. Uppal, Advocate, M-55, and Sh. V.K Sood, flat no.202,
W-111 have very kindly agreed to conduct election as Returning Officer and Co-Returning Officer respectively.
The election will be held for the following posts:
Office No. of Posts
Vice President Two
General Secretary One
Jt. General Secretary One
Block Representatives 14 (E:-5, M:-3, S:-4, W:-2)
Block Secretary 4 (One each from E, M, S, & W Blocks)
The schedule of Election will be as follows:
- Day & Date of Polling Sunday, 16th April 2017
Time 8.30 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.
Venue Hall of the Arya Samaj, M Block, GK II
- Voters’List: Voters’ list is available in the Association Office (General Secretary) and following members of the Election Committee:
- V.K. Gauba, M-75 (Residential), (Tel: 29211403)
- Ashok Gulati, E-298
- Tapan Mukherjee, S-198
- Meena Kapur, S-49
- A.M. Rao, W-111, Flat no. 102
I wish to draw your attention to Rule 3 (ii) of the Constitution, which provides that subscription has to be paid by end February, when the voters’ list will be frozen for the year.
Objection, if any, about entry in the voters’ list or otherwise may be lodged in writing with the respective member of the Election Committee (Block wise) within a specified time of 5 days from the date of this circular.
- Filing of nomination papers: From the 3rd April to 5th April 2017 from 4 P.M. to 5.30 P.M.
On the 3rd and 4th April 2017 between 4 P.M and 5.30 P.M., the nomination papers may be filed at the residence of either the Returning Officer or at the residence of Co-returning Officer. On the 5th April nomination papers have to be filed with the Returning Officer(s) at Arya Samaj Mandir, M Block between 4 P.M. and 5.30. P. M. The candidate contesting the election for any post will be required to file his/her nomination paper in person only and to sign the nomination paper in the presence of either of the two Returning Officers.
- Scrutiny of nomination papers: At 6 P.M. on Wednesday, 5th April 2017 at the Arya Samaj Candidates, who wish to be present, are welcome.
- Withdrawal of nomination papers: Between 4.00 P.M. and 5.30 P.M. on Friday 7th April 2017 at Arya Samaj Mandir.
- Final list of candidates will be announced at Arya Samaj Mandir at 6 P.M. on Saturday 8th April Candidates, who so desire, may be present. The list will be issued thereafter.
- List of voters: Candidates included in the final list of contestants can contact the Returning Officer about the list of eligible voters.
- Polling: Polling, if necessary, would be held on Sunday, the 16th April 2017. Voting by secret ballots will start at 8.30 P.M. and finish at 1.00 P.M. Voters are requested that they must carry either their Aadhar Card or Voter ID card (issued by the Election Commission) with them when they come to cast their vote. The Returning Officer shall have the right to extend the time of voting, if warranted, due to any special circumstances, which shall be recorded. Any dispute will have to be referred to the Returning Officer/Chairman Election Committee only, whose decision will be final,
- Result of election: Counting of votes will start the same day and the results will be announced on compilation thereof the same day.
- Nomination/withdrawal forms: Nomination and withdrawal forms can be collected from the. Returning Officer (residence M-55 (Residential), GK II) between 3 P.M. and 6 P.M. Only one nomination form will be issued to a member wishing to contest for a particular post.
- Any other information in respect of the Election may be obtained from either of the Returning Officers/Chairman, Election Committee.
Chairman, Election Committee
M-75 (Residential) GK-2